My Weekend Escapade to E&O

It was a remarkable weekend spent at Penang. Here are some of the pictures captured from my short trip there. We took the Penang's second bridge for the first time and it was sooooooo quiet. No cars in sight at all!
 This second bridge is near the Bayan Lepas Airport, hence you can see a flight ready to take off at the bottom picture. Can you spot the plane?
 Penang's signature bridge design.
 Since it was still early to check in to the hotel, we headed to the Air Itam area located near 
the Kek Lok Si temple for the famous asam laksa.
Finally, after satisfying our tummy, we finally arrived and we were looking forward
 to our stay at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel

I have been dreaming of spending the night at E&O like forever.
And now this wonderful opportunity was presented to me all thanks to E&O and WEVents.
E&O was one of the proud sponsors for WEVent's 


Classy elegance with a rich heritage is what greeted me as I stepped into this hotel for the first time. Everything was tastefully decorated with great detail. Love this round sofa piece at the centre of the hotel. 

The concierge staff was friendly and professional. 
They assisted in arranging for my room without having me wait for a long time 
and I love the fact that they took time to explain the benefits to me as a guest at this hotel.

This is the walkway towards my room. Very spacious.
Here's a first look at the hotel room at the Victory Annexe
the new wing of the hotel facing the sea view. 
The bath tub and the shower place is huge! Ahhhh....pure luxury
Watch the panoramic view in my video here
This was the view that greeted me from my hotel room.
Evening view
Being the adventurous type who does not like to be stuck in the room all the time, I went around the hotel with my hunting mode on. Hunting for more great pictures!
 First stop, the swimming pool. 
 

 Lo and behold! I found the pool!
This picture of me posing next to the pool is my favourite. 
It made me feel like I was in Santorini, Greece. 
 Guest can lay back and relax by the pool
 With a breathtaking view, of course!
Got to know a new friend at the pool area. Mike from UK.

 Next stop, time to explore the outside area.
Seaside Wedding, anyone?
The open area is a great place for a wedding by the sea.
There were numerous wedding preparations sighted at the hotel while on my exploration.
 Wedding Area 1
Wedding Area 2

Wedding Area 3 (indoor)
 The pier where guests at the hotel can enjoy a free water limo ride to Straits Quay
And here I am goofing around next to the pier with my Yoga-like pose.

 Walking back inside, the hotel connects to the Heritage Wing
Here's a quick look at the interior and furnishings along the way.
 Classy
 Colonial Design
Nostalgic
 Old World Charm
 And yet modern at the same time
 These shots were taken at the Heritage Wing 
where the price of rooms were also slightly more expensive.
 A grand piano awaits
 The classic lift. Hmmm wonder if it's still working.
 Sighted an antique furniture piece.
 There is another concierge at the Heritage Wing 
 The interior here is more classic
 I am beginning to love this hotel. 
Here's the makan area


Guests were served light cocktail in the evening.

 The design is soft classic elegance




 And this is the look of the restaurant on the outside. It is facing the sea.
    Back in the Victory Annexe (New Wing),  let me bring you on a journey with the interior.
 Love the soft earthy colour tones. So relaxing.


Beautiful Sea Shells Deco Piece


Here's a shot with friendly Michael and sweet Donna who is holidaying in Penang.
 Famous people who were guests at E&O


Friendly Meet up
The night before I managed to catch up with sweet Racheal
 and her mom who took us to for some Penang Food.
Mom also made a new friend!


Some of the street food that we had.
Overall, it was a wonderful stay at Penang and I hope to be back again next year!
Here's one last shot with my morning drink surrounded with coconut trees by the seaside.
Oh What Joy! What Bliss!
Missing E&O already.

For more information, log on to:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts